Nondestructive Testing Handbook, Third Edition: Volume 9, Visual Testing (VT)
- The authoritative reference for visual inspection.
- Emphasis on practicality, with information for Level II and Level III inspectors.
- Applications including metals, welding, chemical, petroleum, electric power, aerospace.
- Scores of illustrations of anomalies.
- Diverse information in one place.
- Updated standards.
- Digital photography and video.
- Image processing.
- New and authoritative discussion on vision acuity.
- Metric units throughout.
- Updated references provided for published standards.
New information on: physics of light • photometry • vision acuity exams • proper use of eye charts • digital photography • image processing • machine vision • magnifiers • illumination • surface roughness • calipers and gages • analog and digital video • video connectors • video probe • measuring with borescopes • metal discontinuities at different stages of processing and service life • direct versus indirect techniques